PDA

View Full Version : Morbid Obesity and Toilet Hygiene

Strikerrjones
11-25-2012, 02:02 PM
http://lessismorph.blogspot.com/2009/03/morbid-obesity-and-toilet-hygiene.html?m=1

I'm going to share one of the worst, if not the worst, thing about being this obese - dealing with toilet hygiene. Or rather, the common lack thereof. The mechanics are that I just can't reach to wipe myself. Either fore or aft.

I have a sponge on a stick that I use for wiping aft. Or rather, that my husband uses to wipe me. He is very laid back about it all, but it hurts and embarrasses me to have to have him take care of something so intimate and frankly, disgusting. When he is not at home, I can contort myself just enough to use it. One hand on the tub rim, the other holding the stick. I dig under my huge apron, brace my arm on the toilet rim and squirm a bit. It's not nearly as neat and hygienic as when hubby does it as I have to bring the dirty sponge forward past my fore and belly. There is no "front to back" wiping except when hubby does it.

When I am out of the house, I simply have to do without wiping. We call it having "poopy butt." I can't use the sponge myself since there isn't a tub rim to brace myself on. And family unisex bathrooms are rare. Even if I could use the sponge alone while out, where would I rinse it? At home, I use the tub. I couldn't bear to rinse my sponge at a common bathroom sink and I'm not about to put the sponge in a Ziploc to rinse hours later. Ugh.

I simply do without fore wipes. I don't want to use the sponge that wipes my aft to wipe my fore. So, I wear absorbent cotton underwear when I'm out and sit on a sheet on the couch at home. Only after a shower do I ever feel clean and my underwear is too awful to discuss. I've have a few urinary tract infections in the last couple of years and I get painfully raw at times.

Why am I sharing something so intimate and private? Because sometimes I get the impression that people think that we morbidly obese people are unmotivated to lose weight. That we LIKE being this heavy and eating "all we want." This is the ugly side of living with super morbid obesity. It's not pretty and it's not fun and it's no way to live.

saiyajinali
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM
http://lessismorph.blogspot.com/2009/03/morbid-obesity-and-toilet-hygiene.html?m=1

I'm going to share one of the worst, if not the worst, thing about being this obese - dealing with toilet hygiene. Or rather, the common lack thereof. The mechanics are that I just can't reach to wipe myself. Either fore or aft.

I have a sponge on a stick that I use for wiping aft. Or rather, that my husband uses to wipe me. He is very laid back about it all, but it hurts and embarrasses me to have to have him take care of something so intimate and frankly, disgusting. When he is not at home, I can contort myself just enough to use it. One hand on the tub rim, the other holding the stick. I dig under my huge apron, brace my arm on the toilet rim and squirm a bit. It's not nearly as neat and hygienic as when hubby does it as I have to bring the dirty sponge forward past my fore and belly. There is no "front to back" wiping except when hubby does it.

When I am out of the house, I simply have to do without wiping. We call it having "poopy butt." I can't use the sponge myself since there isn't a tub rim to brace myself on. And family unisex bathrooms are rare. Even if I could use the sponge alone while out, where would I rinse it? At home, I use the tub. I couldn't bear to rinse my sponge at a common bathroom sink and I'm not about to put the sponge in a Ziploc to rinse hours later. Ugh.

I simply do without fore wipes. I don't want to use the sponge that wipes my aft to wipe my fore. So, I wear absorbent cotton underwear when I'm out and sit on a sheet on the couch at home. Only after a shower do I ever feel clean and my underwear is too awful to discuss. I've have a few urinary tract infections in the last couple of years and I get painfully raw at times.

Why am I sharing something so intimate and private? Because sometimes I get the impression that people think that we morbidly obese people are unmotivated to lose weight. That we LIKE being this heavy and eating "all we want." This is the ugly side of living with super morbid obesity. It's not pretty and it's not fun and it's no way to live.

This was one of the comments left on the thread. This is soo fucked up:

One thing you might try is to carry extra underwear with you and change it every time you go to the bathroom when you are out of the house. The other thing that I have been doing myself is to use Lysol or Clorox wipes to wipe up the toilet seat when I am finished (you can put these into a Ziploc) and then dry it with toilet paper. You can't flush the Lysol wipe, but it goes just fine into the trash can, or you can carry a separate Ziploc for used wipes.

Instead of the sponge on a stick, I think I might try something solid on the stick so that you could wrap either toilet paper around it (so you could use fresh paper after wiping one area) and maybe even use something like Platex Personal Wipes. I personally use those wipes on my face and the rest of my body when I have gotten too sweaty, as they are really gentle, have witch hazel in them (which is great for removing the salt from sweat) and the perfume on them doesn't bother me.

I'm thinking you might use something about the size and shape of one of those traveling soap dishes for the hard surfaced thing. Or something smaller if that is too big.

The other thing is, you could always have two sponges, couldn't you? Two different colors, and then you'd know which is which.

You could also bring a small bottle of very diluted body cleanser with you. One of those bottles with a pop-up top like are on the top of dish detergent. You can find those where they have bath items and hair stuff at the local drug store. If the cleanser is diluted enough, it shouldn't bother the skin and would leave you feeling as fresh as you do when you are at home. I'm thinking something like super-diluted witch hazel might work. SUPER diluted though, or it will hurt because it has a tiny bit of alcohol in it. Or try pouring some of the liquid from a vinegar and water douche into your squirt bottle, since that is designed not to be rinsed off.

If you are having odor problems on the rest of the body, a powder with zinc oxide in it works wonders and helps keep you cool. Caldescene is such a powder. Make sure that you are absolutely dry when you use it (which may mean standing in front of a high-powered fan) for it to work properly.

Strikerrjones
11-26-2012, 07:39 PM
This was one of the comments left on the thread. This is soo fucked up:

One thing you might try is to carry extra underwear with you and change it every time you go to the bathroom when you are out of the house. The other thing that I have been doing myself is to use Lysol or Clorox wipes to wipe up the toilet seat when I am finished (you can put these into a Ziploc) and then dry it with toilet paper. You can't flush the Lysol wipe, but it goes just fine into the trash can, or you can carry a separate Ziploc for used wipes.

Instead of the sponge on a stick, I think I might try something solid on the stick so that you could wrap either toilet paper around it (so you could use fresh paper after wiping one area) and maybe even use something like Platex Personal Wipes. I personally use those wipes on my face and the rest of my body when I have gotten too sweaty, as they are really gentle, have witch hazel in them (which is great for removing the salt from sweat) and the perfume on them doesn't bother me.

I'm thinking you might use something about the size and shape of one of those traveling soap dishes for the hard surfaced thing. Or something smaller if that is too big.

The other thing is, you could always have two sponges, couldn't you? Two different colors, and then you'd know which is which.

You could also bring a small bottle of very diluted body cleanser with you. One of those bottles with a pop-up top like are on the top of dish detergent. You can find those where they have bath items and hair stuff at the local drug store. If the cleanser is diluted enough, it shouldn't bother the skin and would leave you feeling as fresh as you do when you are at home. I'm thinking something like super-diluted witch hazel might work. SUPER diluted though, or it will hurt because it has a tiny bit of alcohol in it. Or try pouring some of the liquid from a vinegar and water douche into your squirt bottle, since that is designed not to be rinsed off.

If you are having odor problems on the rest of the body, a powder with zinc oxide in it works wonders and helps keep you cool. Caldescene is such a powder. Make sure that you are absolutely dry when you use it (which may mean standing in front of a high-powered fan) for it to work properly.

Yeah, this is pretty much the worst thing I've ever read. Why the fuck wouldn't you just stop eating? Seriously.

saiyajinali
11-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much the worst thing I've ever read. Why the fuck wouldn't you just stop eating? Seriously.

What's funny is that for a while I heard that myth that morbidly obese people aren't always the products of overeating and it is glandular issues. But I have watched documentaries with these folks making these claims and they do eat alot. It is unreal how someone can eat like that and just sit around. I feel like total shit after Thanksgiving from pigging out and I have to get back to normal with diet and exercise.

To get this fucking fat where you cannot wipe your own ass and you are reduced to wearing shit encrusted underwear is a fucking disgrace. I mean seriously..
It's one thing to be ill or sick is one thing, but this shit is reminiscent of the movie "Seven" with the level of gluttony here.

Womanthrower
12-03-2012, 12:13 AM
This reminds me that I hate it when fat women try to lose weight by just doing zumba.

Womanthrower
12-03-2012, 12:15 AM
oh, and, this is the ugly side of living with super morbid obesity? What's the fucking pretty side of it?

Gym Rat
12-03-2012, 05:20 AM
The pretty side of it is when they die of heart disease and cardiac arrest.

Strikerrjones
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
oh, and, this is the ugly side of living with super morbid obesity? What's the fucking pretty side of it?

You don't need pockets because you can store small items in your fat flaps?

freak
12-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Speaking from my current state of morbid obesity, I just shit in my hand and fling it in the general direction of my garbage can. This method allows me to remain clean whilst not having to move my fat fucking ass.

Strikerrjones
12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Today I learned that Canadians don't know what wiping is.

Womanthrower
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
You don't need pockets because you can store small items in your fat flaps?
but then all your small items would smell funny and be covered in candida.

freak
12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Today I learned that Canadians don't know what wiping is.
Sure we do. We use the Sears catalog instead of making TP though. TP is for the rich.